Google Maps or Live Search- Gadgets Comparison - Cool New Gadgets and Gizmos Blog
For the longest time Google Maps and Windows Live Search have been clashing for title of best map software. In my experience both have been very useful tools in my everyday life. The funny thing is that after I went through each of them extensively, I concluded that both are needed in order to be productive.

Windows Live excels in category search. With a simple address Live will recommend local bars, clubs, and restaurants in your vicinity. Then once you found your local restaurant or movie theater you can check reviews on it, get directions to it, or send that address to a friend to meet up for the date. Easy access to gas prices in the local area and movie info make it that much more useful. My favorite is showing up to the theaters and using Live Search to check info and ratings before we head in. Then again there are some features such as my location and faster maps that Windows Live Search lacks.

Google maps makes up where Windows Live Search misses. Need faster maps? Googles got it. Need the ability get an approximate location? Googles got it. For me it’s the fast map scrolling and zooming that has me using Google maps more often. When I’m out and about and want to check traffic or the fastest route to a new address I need speed. The difference from the zoom on Live search to Google maps is about 3 to four seconds. That means when I’m panning around a map or zooming in or out Google is about 3 times faster than Live Search. The ability to look up contacts addresses makes it easy to pick up friend in the timeliest manner.
Source- http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/google_maps_or_live_search.html
Bookmark and Share

0 comments

Other Popular Posts