Intel's High Speed HDD - Cool New Gadgets and Gizmos Blog
In fact, Intel hearing whispers that a capacious 320GB solid state drive was in the works since January, and now those whispers have been upgraded to library. Intel's so-called Postville SSD family is well on its way to reality, and with them should come much needed price drops. The new series should top out at 320GB, with an 80GB and 160GB version falling underneath. Word on the street has it that both of the smaller two will be around $100 cheaper than the same-sized X25-M drives, though there's been no leaks on the 320GB model's MSRP.

Still, Intel has a golden opportunity here if it'll just get these things to market -- a cheap(er) SSD with a brand name like Intel could blow the solid state market wide open.
Bookmark and Share

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 20, 2009 at 1:28 PM

    I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Maria

    http://memory1gb.com

  2. Ankush Kohli // July 20, 2009 at 2:34 PM

    Hi Alana,

    Thanks for your comments. I'm happy that this blog content are informative to you & users.

Other Popular Posts